People ops Manager
JABU is a B2B e-commerce app, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market distribution of FMCG products to spaza shops in Southern Africa. With operations in 9 cities in Namibia, South Africa and Zambia, Jabu is transforming the township economy through the movement of goods and capital in its trail-blazing e-commerce & fintech journey.
About the role:
The People Ops Manager is a human resources role at Jabu, critical to the success of the organization. This person is responsible for ensuring that the company attracts, hires, and retains top talent. Working closely with the leadership team, the People Ops Manager will develop and implement recruitment strategies, manage the hiring process, and create and maintain employee files and HR databases.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies that attract top talent and align with the company's culture and values.
- Post job advertisements, review resumes, and conduct initial interviews to assess candidates' qualifications and fit with the company.
- Manage the hiring process from start to finish, including background checks, reference checks, scheduling of interviews with team members, hiring committee and onboarding.
- Develop and implement employee training programs to ensure that employees have the skills and knowledge they need to perform their jobs effectively.
- Create and maintain employee files and HR databases to ensure that all employee information is accurate, up-to-date, and secure.
- Manage employee relations and resolve any HR-related issues that arise, ensuring that employees are treated fairly and in accordance with company policies and labor laws.
- Stay up-to-date with current labor laws and regulations, and ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures to ensure consistency and fairness in the treatment of employees.
- Develop, manage, and maintain all employee contracts, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Register employees with the appropriate regulatory bodies and manage the process of obtaining necessary certifications and licenses.
- Manage payroll for all employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Set up and lead performance reviews for all employees, providing regular feedback and coaching to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Coordinate hearings regarding probations, suspensions, and terminations, ensuring fairness and consistency in all decisions.
- Lead 1:1 meetings with all employees, providing a platform for open and productive discussions about individual performance and career goals.
- Develop and implement onboarding programs and 30-60-90 day plans for new employees, working closely with management to ensure that each individual is fully integrated into the company.
- Influence company culture through newsletters, events, and general programming, helping to create a positive and productive work environment.
- With scale, grow the People Operations department by recruiting a People Operations Assistant to support the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, managing a variety of HR functions.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including contracts, compliance, payroll, and performance management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to influence and motivate employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing effective HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, manage multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for creating a positive and productive work environment, with a focus on employee satisfaction and engagement.
If you are an experienced People Operations Manager with a passion for making a positive impact on the lives of employees, we would love to hear from you! Please apply today with your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications for this role.