As a procurement manager, you will be in charge of building and structuring the company’s procurement department and create policies and procedures on sourcing management.
- Build a team of sourcing specialists and define KPIs to drive and measure their performance.
- Assign a category of brands to the sourcing specialist.
- Document all the procurement procedures, policies and workflows.
- Create templates of the relevant sourcing tools and include systematically a “read_me” tab
- Create procurement budget and stock cover ratio per category of brands.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and identify urgent deals renegotiation.
- Implement a price comparison routine to ensure our price/deals are competitive.
- Organize the sourcing drive (legal document, tools, procedures) per category of brands.
- List all the suppliers with their contact details and inform them of our procedures.
- Create a communication channel with relevant departments (warehouse and finance).
- Create a communication channel and strategy with Sales team to source missing stock and recover orders daily
- Create a reconciliation to ensure deals communicated by partnerships are met
- Define the procurement coordinator role and responsibilities
- Hire and train the procurement coordinator
- Incorporate the following points into the procedures:
- Necessary reconciliation processes
- Stock delivered and processed on the system
- Price invoiced against price quoted (deals)
- And so on
- Consignment stock procedure
- Track inventory (stock bought against sales made)
- Damaged product process (between warehouse, sourcing and supplier)
- Expiring products procedures
- Slow moving stock (overstock)
- No out of stock policy
- Activation - deactivation of products (keep track)
- Consignment stock procedure
- Operational Procedures
- Fully update the manual of procedures, policies and processes
- Sourcing categories defined
- Sourcing Specialists for all categories hired
- Created / led the creation of all templates and tools required at the Sourcing Department (with a read-me tab)
- Created procurement budget every month
- Created stock cover ratio for all products (consider warehouse space and selling volumes)
- Price comparison routine defined with merchandisers
- Organized sourcing drive with a standard structure for every category of brands/ brands
- Template email for all suppliers and our procedures created
- Create an onboarding procedure for new suppliers
- Create a communication channel with warehouse and finance (an excel tool with the flow of all departments)
- Create a communication channel with sales for new products and recoveries (an excel tool with the flow of all departments)
- Defined and followed reconciliation process
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- 10+ years relevant working experience in managing supply chain operations.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes
- Good negotiation skills in working with suppliers on product and price.
- Experience using supply chain management software
- Solid leadership & management skills to recruit and engage the best talents and make sure they are growing as fast as your business.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Handle day to day work challenges confidently;
- Showing resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations.
- Namibian Police Clearance
And, we can tell you more benefits:
👨👩👦👦 Teammates: We work as a community, where there will always be someone with you to help you. The team supports each other, pulling together through the busy periods and always making sure to have fun and celebrate successes.
⏰ Working hours: Usually we are from 8am to 5pm at the office, but we are a startup, we work hard and we like flexibility.
🌍 Impact on the world: At Jabu, we want to positively impact the world through our initiatives. We are changing lives and you are going to be part of it.
If after everything we have told you, you want to join us, do not hesitate! Apply for this offer!