JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management, and credit facilities.
Distribution Manager: You will be reporting to the City Manager
Your role as a distribution manager is to organize the storage and distribution of goods. You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- use IT systems to manage delivery times and transport costs
- use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- manage staff
- understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce
- continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs, and rising environmental pressures
- implement health and safety procedures
- manage staff training issues
- motivate other members of the team
- Consolidate and approve timesheets
- Ensure timely delivery of the orders
- Create and enforce KPIs for the team
- Create and submit budgets for the department
- Prepare reports
- Authorize hires for your department
- Create and enforce processes
- Communicate and resolve grievances
- Analyze unit economics and propose improvements
- 5 years of distribution management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, CILT membership
- Excellent understanding of distribution management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.