JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
Distribution Manager: You will be reporting to the Warehouse Manager
Your role as a distribution manager is to organize the storage and distribution of goods. You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- manage staff
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Manage staff training issues
- Motivate other members of the team
- Set objectives for your team
- Plan and manage projects
- Work on new supply strategies
- Plan vehicle routes in conjunction with the Fleet Manager
- Use specialist knowledge, such as mechanical-handling systems, to provide consultancy services - this may be a requirement in some roles.
- 7 years Distribution Management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Supply Chain Management, CILT membership
- Excellent understanding of Distribution Management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.