We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support all our Platform use cases and foundation products, with the end to end responsibility, to retrieve, store and model data, develop and maintain data pipelines, and develop solutions to support the use cases.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Get to help define the foundational stack of our product
- Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
- Design, implement and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science.
- Contribute towards platform engineering, tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of data solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers to drive best practices in code quality & reusability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- A drive to keep up with new and/or up and coming data technologies
- Ability to dig into the data and understand business logic within the source system data and build and perform data validation tests to ensure quality via data pipeline.
- Able to code and comprehend code around technologies that deal with acquiring data
- Design the integration with data sources.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, including planning, object and system design, development, automated testing, deployment via CI/CD tools, logging, and monitoring.
- Knowledge in Big Data Frameworks and tools related, for batch and streaming data processing
- Proficiency in one or more Software Development languages and frameworks.
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers and analysts made up of varying skill sets
Education And / Or Experience
- A strong analyst with at least 5 years of experience in data engineering
- A graduate with a degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, or an IT-related background.
- Knowledgeable about gathering, cleaning, and transforming large data sets.
- Business-oriented, with great documentation skills, an inclination for problem-solving, high attention to detail – and equipped with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solving problems and identifying business opportunities using data: analyzing the problem and breaking it down into various analytical components.
- Experience in logistics startups or companies (appreciated)
Competitive salary and special benefits based on experience level