Field Sales Agent
JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management, and credit facilities.
About the role:
The Field Agent will be an independent contractor responsible for onboarding, acquiring, and driving sales with Jabu clients. This individual will work independently, using their own resources and strategies to secure new clients and drive sales, in their own time. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong understanding of the sales process and the ability to identify and pursue merchants that need the Jabu ecommerce experience.
- Onboard new clients by conducting initial meetings and presentations to explain the Jabu offering
- Acquire new clients through cold-calling, networking, and other business development activities
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the Jabu product offering and target market
- Drive sales by identifying new merchants, developing and implementing sales strategies, and closing deals
- Maintain ongoing relationships with existing clients to ensure their continued satisfaction and to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling
- Attend Jabu training sessions to learn about technology, sales and product offerings
- Give feedback to the Jabu team about products needed in the market
- Provide regular updates to the management team on the status of sales and business development activities
- Meet or exceed quarterly targets as established by Jabu
- Have your own Android smartphone
- Willingness to travel in the townships and visit shops to perform duties
- Be a great salesperson, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage many clients
- Strong understanding of the sales process, including lead generation, qualification, and closing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong networking skills
- Flexibility to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend events
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and requirements of an Independent Contractor Field Agent. The specific terms and conditions of the contract, including compensation, will be outlined in the independent contractor agreement.