JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
On-Boarding Officer: You will be reporting to the Human Resource
The On-Boarding Officer facilitates activities from candidate acceptance to the candidate’s start date. The purpose of this position is to ensure a warm, smooth on-boarding process. The On-Boarding Officer will have ownership of enrolling the in-coming employee into new systems, communication of process, and coordination of pre-employment.
- Update onboarding documents and communications
- Provide assistance to the selected candidates in all the On-Boarding process and process related to the performance assessment till the service confirmation.
- Ensure that a check list is prepared of all the documents which are required for the joining and track the missing documents and make a follow up of them until they are received.
- Ensure to prepare the documents for the joining formalities of successful candidates and advise the candidates to go for the Medical Checkup in the Bank’s approved clinic. In case of Expatriate staff follow up with the candidate to do the medical checkup in a hospital approved in their countries.
- Ensure that upon receiving all the documents the candidate has been provided a Welcome Kit and advise the respective Division about the joining of the staff.
- Arranging for Visa, ticket & accommodation and after joining ensures that all the formalities are completed and prepare their file in order to keep all the documents in order.
- Prepare list of new joiners and send to Training for Induction program
- Ensure that confirmation regarding joining of candidates are obtained one week from the joining date
- Any other related work assigned by the line Manager
- Beware of the training needs of the different teams and individuals
- Create training solutions for improving talents and to encourage opportunities for career advancement
- Bachelor degree holder in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of 3 years experience on related position
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be a Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Should be self-motivated, proactive, initiative, innovative, dynamic, empathetic and assertive