What is JABU?
JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
Merchandiser: Will be reporting to the Merchandiser Supervisor
We are looking for an analytical and creative merchandiser to plan and implement merchandising strategies, collaborate with channel partners and build customer relationships. The merchandiser's responsibilities include understanding customer behavior, monitoring stock movements, managing inventory levels, ensuring product displays are appealing to customers and implementing promotional activities.
- Review competitors daily, including pricing, profit, marketing and other progress
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies
- Visit customers and analyze sales figures, market trends and customer behavior to determine product needs.
- Develop a framework to help our customers organize their stock, and shelves and create attractive product displays.
- Determine the need for and implementation of product promotions, price changes, markdowns, clearouts, etc.
- Ensure that the company staff are well informed on product details and promotions
- Work closely with the Procurement Associate to plan product ranges and for placing orders
- Collaborate with the Procurement Associate to provide the lowest cost options for all products
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Manage levels and distribution of stock
- Assess sales performance of different product ranges
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Retail or any related field may be preferred
- 2 years experience
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work within deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
The close date for application is Monday 18th July 2022.