Experience in the FMCG Industry is a must
The best candidates should have the skill and experience in directing a city’s bureaucracy to help the council make sound decisions. In addition, a qualified city manager must be a skilled to execute decisions and policies put forth by the council.
Soft Skills required:
- Excellent face-to-face communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership skills and experience managing large and small teams
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and give feedback on ways of improving
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Excellence on coordination, organizational, analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Financial management in city government
- Ethics in leadership, making value-based decisions
- Experience with goal setting and program evaluation
- Negotiation experience to resolve complex and sensitive problems
- Hard worker and a hands on person
Education & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as City Manager in the FMCG Industry
- Deep knowledge of the FMCG Industry in Namibia
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience in operations
- Delegating authority and responsibilities
- Understanding of HR management best practices, staff facilitation, and strategic planning
Please, share 3 references of previous work with phone and email contact.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate all business activities with Retailers and our team.
- Ensure a constant growth in sales through months in both branches.
- Client and Supplier facing management role.
- Measure performance of team members, and manage KPI and development.
- Prepare and manage monthly budgets and projections.
- Process and record expenses (petty cash and money transfer).
- Reconcile accounts daily with retailers.
- Control daily our cost against selling price to guarantee our margin.
- Lead customer centric approach to team.
- Hire and train field and customer success agents
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Pay attention to the team reports on our products/prices and improve our offer.
- Communicate with the Marketing and IT department to run promotions.
- Develop marketing campaigns to boost sales.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels.
- Schedule purchases and arrivals alongside the depot supervisor.
- Maintain supplier relationships.
- Implement sourcing strategies and processes.
- Lead efforts to implement strategies, processes and enforce compliance at the city level.
- Communicate and collaborate with your peers: City Managers.
- Takes ownership of the job position and ensures to complete given tasks in time and in full.
- Ensures to be proactive and self-organized.
- Shows initiative, excitement and promotes JABU brand.
1 June 2022
And, we can tell you more benefits:
👨👩👦👦 Teammates: We work as a community, where there will always be someone with you to help you. The team supports each other, pulling together through the busy periods and always making sure to have fun and celebrate successes.
⏰ Working hours: Usually we are from 8am to 5pm at the office, but we are a startup, we work hard and we like flexibility.
🌍 Impact on the world: At Jabu, we want to positively impact the world through our initiatives. We are changing lives and you are going to be part of it.
If after everything we have told you, you want to join us, do not hesitate! Apply for this offer!