We are looking for an analytical and creative merchandiser to plan and implement merchandising strategies, collaborate with channel partners and build customer relationships. The merchandiser's responsibilities include understanding customer behavior, monitoring stock movements, managing inventory levels, ensuring product displays are appealing to customers and implementing promotional activities.
- Review competitors daily, including pricing, profit, marketing and other progress
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies
- Visit customers and analyze sales figures, market trends and customer behavior to determine product needs.
- Develop a framework to help our customers organize their stock, shelves and create attractive product displays.
- Determine the need for and implementing product promotions, price changes, mark downs, clear outs, etc.
- Ensure that the company staff are well informed on product details and promotions
- Work closely with the Procurement Associate to plan product ranges and for placing orders
- Collaborate with the Procurement Associate to to provide the lowest cost options for all products
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Manage levels and distribution of stock
- Assess sales performance of different product ranges
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Retail or any related field may be preferred
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work within deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties